Wednesday, March 3, 2010

16 months

He's 16 months old today. It's nice to have Macey to look at and try to guess what kind of things Xander is doing. I know he may not be doing all the things that Macey did at 16 months, but it is a good reference. It makes me miss him so much, and that makes me wonder how it is possible to miss someone I have never met. Well, I don't really have an answer, just that I do.

Some days are harder than others, and today is one of those days. I force myself to concentrate on all that we have to look forward to because of Xander. Soon we will get our LOA, and then our TA. Then we will be on the trip of our lives to China and finally meet this precious boy. Then all the joy that will come when we finally get him home, oh, I can hardly wait for that day.
It's hard to believe that it was only 3 months ago that we "met" Xander. In a strange way it feels like we have known him for so long, and there has been a place for him in our family for years. At the same time the days are long, and it seems like we have been waiting forever. I suppose this is how God has been preparing us, we have always had a place for Xander, but we just recently found out exactly who was chosen to fill it. It cannot be explained, only experienced.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand and pray God's speed for you all. God is so GOOD and your son is just precious. I hope you have peace in the coming weeks while you wait to travel.
    blessings!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete