Friday, May 21, 2010

Stuff on the walls

So, we made a little more progress on Xan's room. I got a bedskirt, boring, but needed to be done. We also hung a few things on the walls. It's still not done...but, the way things are going, we have plenty of time *sigh*.


Xander wasn't necessarily named after Shaun Alexander, but once Kevin realized that Xander was short for Alexander he liked it a little more. We are very wary of "idolizing" athletes. We are huge sports fans, but athletes in general tend to be, well, not who you want your kids to look up to. However, Shaun Alexander is different. He is Kevin's favorite athlete, maybe of all time, and so we have no problem if our Xander wants to imitate him.

Here are the curtains, not real exciting. The window treatment goes so high that we had to take the curtains all the way to the ceiling. Unfortunately, they are a bit short, and look a little funny, but we are going to get some tie backs so it frames the window a little better when they are open. We wouldn't have put anything up, but it is really bright during the day, so to help with naptime we are trying to make the room dark.

This is my favorite part of his room right now. My "sister," Amy Coontz, made these fabulous accessories for Xander's room. When I read that quote I knew it needed to be in Xander's room, there is nothing that could describe him better. The framed X on the dresser is also by her! Macey has one and I have given one as a gift, I just love them. The piggy bank is decorated like a football, good for his room and good for Texas. For those of you who followed the other blog (when it was about our journey to adopt a little girl) might remember when I did "Cute Item of the Month." I began shopping years ago and would highlight a cute item purchased for our child. Well, the very first item I purchased was two lamps, white lamps with really cool black and white shades. Since they were quite girly, they would not work for a boy, but with a new lamp shade it worked out perfectly!

My verse for this week has been Philippians 4:6,7. I have heard it 1,000 times, but it took on a whole new meaning. "Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

"...the peace of God that surpasses all understanding..."

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. I rarely get to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, what is taking so long for you to get your little boy? I want to pray specifically about that. He needs to start his real life with his family ASAP. We know the Lord can move mountains if need be and it would seem this is a mountain!
    Praying,
    Cindy Jones
    (Don't know if you remember me from Heritage Bible Church, my kids are Jeff and Julianne.)

    ReplyDelete