Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finally Home Forever!!!

Ahhh, we're finally home. We actually landed in the US at about 8:40am (PST) on July 9 in San Francisco. Xander became a US citizen shortly after that, and I think he was asleep. We hustled through the airport, and thanks to our immigration officer who rushed us through, we made our connection. Took a short 3 hour flight to Dallas and were finally home. It is great to be home!

We were welcomed by some cute signs made by some friends and a clean house, as I had arranged for a cleaning lady to come the day before we returned home. :)

I have to admit that we aren't settling in very easily. If anyone has ever had jet lag you know what a bear it can be, add two toddlers with jet lag and, well, it's not pretty around here. We know it will take time, but we can hardly wait to feel normal again. Xander seems to feel right at home. He explored the house right away, was pretty scared of the cats and dog, but is warming up to them quickly.

Thank you to everyone who commented. We were unable to read them while we were gone, but we have read each of them since returning home. We wish we could have posted more often, but it really was quite hard to find the time.

Thanks to my little sister to was the blog keeper while we were on our trip. She is a beautiful writer, and since re-reading what I posted I wished I had given her editing privileges, but I think y'all got the idea. Thanks, Auntie Meedo!

This will be the official last post of the adoption blog. It has been a wild 4 years to get to this point, and I know the ride has only just begun. It is really an amazing thing to know that the adoption portion is over. It hardly seems real. Thank you for all of your prayers, we truly could not have made it without them. The Lord answers prayers, and we were the lucky recipients of many of them.

Here are a few more random photos that I thought were blog worthy. Enjoy!

Our first attempt at swimming, it didn't go so well, but later in the trip we learned that Xander LOVES swimming!

This was the first time we put Xan in the stroller, it may have been his first time ever, and he thought he was on a ride!

C'mon! Does a smile get any cuter?

All of us together at McDonald's

Please keep up with us on our family blog Life in Texas, McNeely Style.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I found your blog the day before you left and have followed it since. So glad you are home. Jet lag recovery will take about a week. We came home about 15 months ago with our daughter. So glad things went well for you and you are HOME!

    Sue Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad you are home!! i love that first picture with both of them crossing their arms. they are going to get along sooo well! love it! can't wait till we can get the kids together to play!
    big hugs!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being home!!! Jet lag is the pits, but it does get better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so honored to be your messenger! And truth be told I edited one or two words, but was WAY too eager to get your news out to everyone who loves and prays for you. Welcome home, beautiful family of four. I can't wait to get my arms around each one of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hardly finish reading, my eyes are so filled with tears! Thank you so much for sharing your journey on the blog (and continuing to do so on the other site. I am encouraged and inspired by your journey! I know that our next trip to your side of the country won't be for another year, but I can't wait to schedule in a stop to visit all four of you! Love you, Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you guys are doing well as you are home and getting adjusted to life with another child!

    If you are interested, wanted to tell you about a Christian adoption website we just launched. Would love to have you take a look and be a part of the forum --www.wearegraftedin.com
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete